“We recognise that our design studio has a small, but important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability the design industry”
Pixelpod are committed to taking the following actions;
– To achieve sound environmental practices
– To update our Sustainability Strategy setting out our Objectives, Targets and planned Actions and recapping what was and wasn’t achieved the previous year.
– To minimise our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible
– To reduce, Reuse, Recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
– To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
– To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
– To maintain a carbon neutral status through reducing our carbon emissions and offsetting our carbon via tree pledging
– To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets
To cancel our carbon emissions through carbon offsetting
Become more biodiversity aware through research and action
Energy efficiency plans for 2022/23
– To partner with Hometree in 2023 and start pledging 200 trees.
– To engage in a local “Clean Up” at least once a year in conjunction with the Tidy Towns Competition
– Plant some Bee friendly plants at the entrance of the building
– Join the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan
OUR CARBON JOURNEY
Pixelpod was founded in 2011. Since 2013 we have been offsetting our carbon with Weforest who are based in Belgium and have excellent reforesting projects around the world.
In 2022, through the Green for Micro programme we engaged with a Green consultant to identify what our carbon footprint is and how we can help reduce it and create a sustainability strategy. This document and our commitment to more environmentally friendly actions area a result of that programme.
Pixelpod’s carbon footprint for 2021 is as follows
Scope 1 Fossil Fuels 1.93
Scope 2 Electricity 1.4
Scope 3 (Direct) Other* 0.06
Our studio is based in 61 North shared working space in Wexford Town. 61 North have made the following energy efficient upgrades which we are delighted about.
Lighting: Fitted LED lights in the studio and all common areas.
Heating: All the heaters are energy efficient electric systems that run on schedules and are thermostat responsive.
Water: Installation of water taps that reduce water
Recycling and Waste Management: There is a recycling and waste management system in place.
Pixelpod recycle batteries and old machines through the WEEE initiative.
Office Supplies: We continue to use recycled paper for our internal printing and reuse paper where possible.
Energy Saving: We ensure to turn off our machines and light before leaving